Moisi and Nadia (my parents)
My parents aren’t fluent in English. They immigrated to the U.S. in the late 40′s from Iran where they escaped to from Russia. Here are some of the things they say that we get a kick out of…
1. Cellkular Phone~ for Cellular Phone
2. Razorblades ~ for Rollerblades “Lana had bad accident with razorblades”
3. Fire Hydrogen ~ for Fire Hydrant “The fireman is outside checking hydrogens”
4. Pie Alamo ~ for Pie A la Mode
5. Crackpots ~ for Crockpots “Michelle got 3 Crackpots for wedding”
6. Mackadonian Macaronis ~ for Macadamia Nut Macaroons
7. They lived till they died.
8. He cussing us out!
9. Ah you ben drinkin? ~ for Have you been drinking?
10. Prayzz da Lowrd! ~ for Praise the Lord!
11. Whoorey! ~ for hurry.
12. Grills ~ for girls.
13. Shoezy ~ for shoes.
For more Thursday Thirteen click here.